Life in Jersey

Day 2 in Edison, NJ. My husband is participating in the Yu-Gi-Oh Shonen Jump Championship today. As of right now, he's 1-1, which isn't bad but isn't good, especially seeing that there are over 2,000 participants! Top 80-something get a national's invite but he already has his. He just wanted to participate in this Jump to try to get his name out there.

First, I have to start over; I tried to blog last night but the website was being screwy and I couldn't even get to the home page! Well, we arrived at our hotel room after pre-registration around 4. I had made the reservations for 4 people initially and then had to change it twice because the two guys couldn't go. Well, they "tricked" me into upgrading to the Club Level room which... is amazing! Okay; the room, itself, is the same size of a regular room but we're on the top floor (12) and can see over the top of everything in the area. The TV is a LG flat screen and the decor is outstanding. I wish I could take one of these floor lamps! LOLOL By the way; we're staying at the Sheraton in Edison, NJ. Their top floors are so exclusive, though, that you have to put in your key card in the elevator to even access the 10-12 floors!

Because I am so sheltered, I took advantage of the in-room dining and we had a great lunch: I had a black angus burger with fries and my husband had a crab-stuffed tilapia. I took a nap because I had only 3 1/2 hours of sleep (the trip, itself was 4 1/2 hours) while my husband went downstairs to the lobby to see if anyone wanted to play. My first notion on that was that no one would be down there and he probably would go back to the convention center to find some stragglers to play and trade with. But, after a 3 hour nap, I woke up alone and decided to see if he was okay.

Imagine my surprise when the elevator doors opened and all I heard was noise! The lobby was jam packed with Yu-Gi-Oh players, playing and trading with other people. My husband was among them and he secretly showed me that he had gotten quite a bit of money in some trades! I went to the bar and he joined me; he then told me that he had sold both of his trade binders for a total of 700 bucks! So, even if he doesn't do well in the tournament for today and tomorrow, we came out of this big winners!

So, in the meantime, I am going to enjoy this stay as much as I can! I really wish that we could stay for another day but it can't be helped! It does make me think that the next time we go out of town, we will HAVE to do something like this, again! Right now, I'm going to take advantage of either the bar dining or the in-room dining, once more, because I am STARVING! LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Philly Life

1st Blog